Direct Boiler Services is a specialist service provider for domestic boiler installations. Our installations cover all gas boilers including Combi Replacement Installations, Conventional to Combi Upgrades. As a Gas Safe registered company we fully understand the need for an efficient boiler, and what is required to guarantee a smooth transition when replacing the domestic boiler in your home.
Our engineers will initiate a full and comprehensive survey of your property and its heating needs to make sure we can recommend a boiler that provides the right level of hot water to your taps and radiators. Boilers vary in power and output, so it is important for us to take a survey of your needs now, but what you may need in the future. An extension to the home, or a growing family could require an upgrade to cater for the properties heating requirements in the future.
Choosing the right location for your boiler
Location of the boiler is important as well, and to maximise the efficiency we can advise on the best location in the property. Sometimes it is better to move the boiler to a new location to best benefit from a new installation.
Once the survey has been completed, and you are happy with our quotation, we will book in a date to do the work that is convenient to your own schedule.
A normal Combi Boiler replacement can usually be completed in one day, and a typical boiler upgrade takes on the following steps…
- We first safely remove the old boiler and any unwanted pipework to make room for the new installation
- Normally, this is a straight exchange, so requires very little adjustment to the existing pipework, and will look to use this wherever possible
- Additional pipework may be needed, especially if there is obvious corrosion, or a need to change the angles of the current pipework to connect to a new boiler.
- We can also if required and recommended include a Power Flush service to clean the system of debris, therefore maximising the efficiency of the internal heating system.
To change from a Conventional upgrading to a Combi Boiler system normally requires two days to complete. This takes on the following steps before we exchange the boiler…
- First we remove your hot water cylinder from your boiler site and send all hot water directly from the supply to the taps.
- Power Flush is required and standard within our quotation
- We then connect new pipework that attaches the cold supply to the mains water from the water tank in your loft.
Should you wish to relocate your boiler, we will give the necessary advice at the time of conducting the initial site survey.
Whether you are having a Combi Replacement Installation or a Conventional to Combi Boiler Upgrade, once completed the engineer will supply you with a Gas Safety installation Certificate. We are Gas Safe registered, a requirement needed allowing us to legally install a boiler, and then register the certificate to Gas safe. We will advise that you keep your certificate safe, as it is important information if ever decide to sell your home in future.
Direct Boiler Services want to make sure you are completely comfortable and part of your boiler installation. We will advise on what is the best model, but ultimately the decision is yours when it comes to making that choice. We always quote for the full works in advance, and will not carry out any unforeseen or requested extra work until you have agreed our quotation and happy to go ahead with the work.